These products use decorative rocks and glass highlights. They encapsulate the aggregates or glass in resin (they are resin bound). Because the resin is exposed, specially formulated, a high UV stable resin is required and used.
- SuperStone – is used for exterior applications and is intended for light to medium traffic. SuperStone uses a highly UV resist resin with optimal flexibility to withstand external elements. SuperStone is formulated to use a mixture of aggregate sizes for structural strength. Typical laid depth is 15 – 20 mm.
- StoneCarpet – is used for interior applications. StoneCarpet is typically laid in a graded aggregate such as a 4-6 mm size and to a depth of 8-12 mm (for light traffic). StoneCarpet resin has high flexibility to allow for expansion and contraction associated with interior surfaces. Installation over timber floors must be prepared as for tiling i.e. sealed and cement sheet.
- CrystalPave™ – uses glass as a decorative highlighting treatment for interior or exterior applications. Appropriate resins and material mixes are used as per the requirements of the application.
- FlowStone™ – is a high porosity system using larger aggregate, and UV stable resin, to allow water drainage. It is designed for tree pits and wherever a permeable solution is required.
- In high friction situations, these products require the use of exposed aggregates to improve and enhance skid and slip resistance. Chosen aggregates are cast onto specifically formulated resin and are commonly referred to as “resin bonded” finishes.
- HiGrip™ – uses calcined bauxite aggregate due to it’s high friction and hard wearing characteristics for anti-skid at intersections etc.
- ColourTrack™ – uses natural coloured aggregates or glass for traffic demarcation such as bus lanes, cycle lanes and pedestrian areas.
Is it proven?
- Developed in conjunction with world leading resin suppliers.
- 4 years in trial and development
- Number of high profile projects already installed
Is it environmentally sensitive?
- Resins are 100% solid and do not contain volatile organic compounds such as solvents.
- Our stone aggregate is drawn from reputable quarrying companies in limited quantities from renewable sources.
- We use recycled glass for CrystalPave™ and have the ability to use other recycled material as aggregate such as crushed computers.
- FlowStone™ porous paving for tree pits supports Water Sensitive Urban Design principles, maximising efficient water drainage while providing an even surface, free from tripping points.
- Any Rockpave surface could be fully recycled in the future if required.